How Solicitors can help The Salvation Army
A chance to serve your community with The Salvation Army
Are you looking for a way to give back to the community? We are currently seeking volunteer solicitors to support The Salvation Army Community Wills Day Program across Australia.
Donate half a day per year of your time and legal expertise with The Salvation Army, to build your pro bono experience and help prepare simple Wills for members of your local community.
Payments received for this service go towards important local Salvos community programs.
Benefits for Solicitors:
- In addition to having simple Wills prepared, Wills Day attendees often wish to have Power of Attorney and Advance Care Directive documents prepared for a commercial fee
- Community Wills Days provide opportunities for new client relationships
- The Salvation Army refers people requiring legal advice to our partner solicitors - a list of legal volunteers who have generously donated time with us in the past
- Solicitors are added to the Solicitor Search on our website at no charge
- An opportunity to expand your philanthropy experience
Volunteer with the Salvos and help members of your community prepare a simple Will to take care of their loved ones.
For over 20 years, volunteer solicitors have supported The Salvation Army’s Community Wills Days. It only takes half a day per year to give back to your community. Be part of the legacy and sign up as a legal volunteer today!
All proceeds go to The Salvation Army’s essential services, to give hope to those who need it most.
Hear from our generous volunteer solicitors
“Our lawyers and staff have been supporting the Salvation Army in their Wills Days for the past year. The Salvos are an organisation committed to providing social lift to the community and making a difference in people’s lives. We are glad to, in some way, help the Salvos in that mission through the giving of our time and skills. Our staff all look forward to assisting in some way, either in meeting to take instructions, drafting the Wills or just typing up and binding documents. Our staff all understand that in whatever way they help, they are also helping to make a difference and this gives them a real sense of meaning in their work. It has been a real joy for Munro Doig to be part of the Wills Days program.”
- Lester Ong, Munro Doig Lawyers
“The Wills Days provide a way for me to use my legal skills to give back to the community by providing simple Wills to the public and helping the Salvos raise funds to support the great work they do in our local communities.”
- Max Williams, Accredited Specialist in Wills & Estates, de Groots Wills and Estate Lawyers
“The Salvation Army work hard, are humble and strive to make real change. We are proud to support this vital organisation, donate our time for Community Wills Days, and help The Salvation Army raise the necessary funds to continue the important work they do helping our community.”
- Natalie Comerford, Attwood Marshall Lawyers Wills & Estates Lawyer
“Our lawyers love taking part in Community Wills Days and knowing they are bringing their skills to the table to help people get their most important legal documents drafted, all while being able to support The Salvation Army and help them raise the vital funds necessary to continue their important work.”
- Donna Tolley, Attwood Marshall Lawyers Wills & Estates Department Manager